Sunday, February 17, 2013

NYFW pt2

Here are some more looks/shows I am loving from New York Fashion week!

1. Jason Wu
Jason Wu has slowly been becoming one of my favorite designers over the last couple of seasons. I love his ability to mix hard and soft and this collection was no different. One part overtly sexual and one part park avenue princess, this collection had it all. I love how he pushes the boundaries but still manages to keep his clients happy. My absolute favorite look though has to be the red long top with the black pants. When I saw it I just about died. It reminds me of Christian Dior! I loved the subtly polka dots and the cropped front with the low back. Also the makeup and hair were incredible. 





2. Victoria Beckham 
Another amazing collection by Victoria! Who would have thought Posh Spice would one day become such a respectable designer. I love how she makes clothes that she would actually wear but manages to make clothes that so many other women could wear as well. I am obsessed with the grey and light blue stripped pattern she used. Those colors together are magical and I want it in every form I can get. I loved how most of the fabrics were incredibly shiny but not tacky at all. She manages to keep her stables but also introduce something new and keep pushing her limits. I can't wait to see her grow even more.




3. 3.1 Phillip Lim 
Wow. This collection blew me away. I need this collection now. The colors, the leather, the layering, the boots, the jackets, omg I could just go on and on. The blue color, the green color on the bags, the pinks the browns. I loved it all. I am also dying for the cross body bags. I can see them becoming the new Celine. He layered so many of the looks but nothing looked heavy, the girl looked incredibly cool and like she just threw her stuff on but obviously incredibly stylish. Downtown edge with some school girl prep. It just can't get any better!









4. Proenza Schouler
This was a collection I was not expecting from them but so glad that I got. I felt like this was a new chapter for the designers but there were still signs of their DNA. This collection felt feminine and classic but still with that edge and innovation that the brand usually brings. I loved the laser cut fabrics and silhouettes. Also the light blue shoes and mint bag featured my favorite colors and I loved this soft color addition to the mostly black and white color palette.This was also something new but I thought it brought a lot to the collection. I am excited to see where this new collection takes the brand.







5.Elizabeth and James
Mary Kate and Ashley can do no wrong in my eyes. This collection was comfy looking but still incredibly cool. There new bags were also a success. I loved the menswear inspired looks and the blue scale accents on a coat. They know how to keep it simple and only feature the best which is something that I think a lot of designers are lacking. Also for a lower price point I don't think this collection sacrificed anything.



6. And here are just some random looks I liked.




No comments:

Post a Comment