Wednesday, February 13, 2013

First post/NYFW

So I have decided to start this blog to have an outlet to talk about all my favorite things. I always find I have a lot of thoughts and what not about things and never have any way to talk about it! I will be posting reviews of shows, music, inspirations, clothes, ect! Basically anything I feel like talking about. I'm pretty new to this so we shall see how this all goes!


For my first post I want to dedicate to a little review of some shows I'm loving from NYFW so Far!

1.Theyskens' Theory
I am loving this collection. I can totally see myself wearing it. The "flimsy femininity" (Godfrey Deeny) at Theory was perfectly done. It felt comfortable but edgy, youthful, feminine but slightly urban and tough. I loved all the textures and silhouettes. The collection reminds me of a street style shot I loved by tommy ton of a girl in a red skirt and jacket I believe with those black knee high Givency boots. I want to rip these clothes off the runway and attend Yale in them. 











2.Rodarte

This collection was inspired by Santa Cruz. I'm from about an hour away from there and can definitely see where they drew inspiration from. Northern California has such a different vibe from Socal and I think this collection definitely captures that feeling. The look the encompasses that completely is the first look pictured. The multi toned, messed up hair with the grungy makeup, layers upon layers from the socks to pants under skirts this look screams norcal. Messy but effortlessly cool. I am also quite obsessed with the tie dye top. This screams hippy shop to me.



3. Alexander Wang

"That's like some 2089 shit"- A$AP Rocky. Alexander Wang just keeps getting better and better. After seeing this collection I can barely wait for his debut at Balenciaga. Wang knows how to stick to what hes best at but somehow evolve the art of it at the same time. The beanie with the hood over it and the ponytail sticking out was genius. I can see fashionistas everywhere rocking this trend. The textures and sihlottes were amazing. I loved the 20s and 30s shapes with the more urban and sportswear textures and fabrics. The girl looked like an urban street boxer from the future. I also now feel an intense need to dye my hair red










So thats just some of the looks I have loved so far! I will try and post all my favorites looks and collections from fashion week when I have more time. Let me know what you think, I would love to discuss xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment